Vision and Reform
Monte Vista School:
Monte Vista is a community working together to ensure that our students will become skillful in higher level thinking processes, problem solving and communication in order to be successful in high school and beyond as well as to meet the demands of the 21st century.
"Working together for success". In support of our vision, our mission will be accomplished through increased student achievement, through data-driven decision-making, collaboration, and high expectations for parents, students, and staff.
The these ends Monte Vista shall:
- Develop and support high expectations for academic and behavioral achievement
- Develop a sense of positive self-image by recognizing and promoting individual talents and abilities
- Ensure positive behavior by empowering students to monitor and control their own behavior
- Provide training to effectively incorporate technology to enhance instruction and increase student achievement
- Develop cooperative behavior and respect through understanding and acceptance of cultural diversity
- Instill an understanding of each student's role in the world community
- Use data to determine needs and accomplishments